Friday, August 15, 2008

Flicker the light of the campfire . . .

Maholla peeps-

A gang of us are heading to the Key Peninsula tonight for some weekend Camping! Murph has so kindly offered to let us use his property down on the water. With record high temperatures predicted, we will be swimming and boating to our hearts delight!

I might even get to stop off and see 'Jake's Dream' in person (not to mention all my friends at Camp Gallagher!).

I am extra excited to be back in my old Key Peninsula stomping grounds- it's been over a year since I was able to visit. After having spent a huge portion of my summers down there, it is always so wonderful when I get a chance to go back. PLUS- due to the heat wave, we can go NIGHT SWIMMING and hopefully see some phosphorus! I also am excited to show Alex where I used to hangout. It's really a part of my life that I can't explain to people, so showing it off in person will help. I guess that's why they call the CYO a 'cult'- you don't get it unless your in it!

Jody and I went shopping last night at Costco and gathered all the essentials for a great weekend. The cars will be packed and ready to leave at 5!!! Can't wait!

Hope everyone stays cool this weekend!
My advice- popsicles, popsicles, popsicles!

No comments: