Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I vant to suck your blood- wha ha ha ha

Although I have never attended a meeting, I consider myself a part of a book club led by my cousin Carly. Each month they choose a book, all of which I have read despite never making it to the discussion, and almost all I have enjoyed. The themes of the book rotate, and they try to switch back and forth between a 'thinking book' and a 'light read'. This month was a light read and the book that was chosen was Twilight. Yes, this is a book marketed at teenage girls. Yes, it is a vampire romance. And yes, I LOVED IT!! It's kinda like Harry Potter with more mushy love- and blood sucking. I stayed up late last night finishing it, and am planning on walking to the bookstore after work to buy the second book in the series. I will be attending my first book club discussion later this month so I can gush about Bella (human) and Edward (her vampire love). Apparently there is a movie being made staring Cedric Diggory (real name?) from Harry Potter set to come out at Thanksgiving.

In a twist of fate, the Puget Sound Blood Center was holding a blood drive at my work today. With Edward and his blood sucking in my immediate thoughts, I had to pump a quart out in his honor. Maybe he would come and make me immortal . . . . .

2 comments:

Grassyllama said...

I got a library card so I shall be reading the Twilight series shortly. very excited.

nice blood themed blog.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Ha ha, great post!