Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm a genius in the kitchen, GENIUS!

Last night I COOKED DINNER! Sad that it's so shocking - but truth be told I eat Pho probably 3 times a week . . . . me = lazy. Not last night though- instead I ventured into the unknown (to me) world of Vietnamese cooking. Bored at work, I was browsing Food&Wine and came across a recipe for lemongrass chicken. I LOVE lemongrass chicken, but have always ordered it and never cooked it. Turns out, lemongrass is a stalk of . . .. well, just a stalk that you peel and dice. I added that to a stir fry of peanut oil, chicken, garlic, onion, red peppers, green beans, and then simmered with a little chicken broth, fish sauce, and a couple of spices that I got mixed up and added the wrong amounts (turned out not to matter)- and let me tell you, it was FAB!!! Served over rice, totally would make it again. I am so proud of my skills (I know, its just a stir fry- but it's a VIETNAMESE stir fry!!!)

This is just a warm up for when Alex's kitchen is finished being remodeled . . . then nothing can stop me, I am a culinary genius!