Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yes We Can

Barack Obama clinched the Democratic Presidential Nomination this past Tuesday night, ending a historic battle with Hilary Clinton. Although his triumph seemed inevitable these last few weeks, I still was amazed when I heard his speech following Tuesday's primaries. I was driving in home after pilates, when I tuned to NPR in time to catch the last half of his speech. As I sat in the driveway, not willing to turn it off an go in, I thought to myself "this is a truly historic moment, and I am witnessing it". It is rare when you realize that the moment you are living in real time, will someday be a chapter in a text book.

It's funny, I remember having a conversation with my co-worker Pete about a year ago where we discussed whether this country was truly ready to stand behind a black candidate. It makes me happy and proud to know that we are. I was lucky enough to see Barack speak when he came to Seattle, and all I can say is "YES WE CAN!"

3 comments:

Grassyllama said...

History in the making.

Alice said...

did you redesign your blog? Looking good!

Persian Tea said...

i remember being in the car, listening to the radio and thinking the same thing!

p.s. nice to meet another seattle blogger :)