Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy wife . . . happy life!


Maholla peeps-

This past Saturday Carly and I hosted an engagement party for Max and Anne. We lucked out and had wonderful weather, sunny and warm. Alex graciously let us host the party at his house (like he had a choice :). Do to some last minute weeding the yard looked wonderful!

Lots of Max and Anne's friends were able to attend, so that was really nice. They were all lovely and lively and had great stories. We also had some out of town guests in Aunt Char and Grandma Martha- great effort on their part to come down.

Alex barbecued some delicious salmon, and Carly made two fabulous salads- a pasta & co. salad and a green cesar. My parents brought homemade rhubarb cobbler and ice cream, so we were all well fed. Yum yum!

I was a little irritated because a bunch of my friends told me they would stop by- and didn't even text me to say they weren't coming!! RUDE! You know who you are . . . . :)

Luckily Michelle was able to swing by, and it was great to see her. She got to have a long convo with gma . . . . . oh lord.

What a fabulous party. It was wonderful to sit on the back deck, glass of wine, party lights lit, warm from the sun, and talk with fabulous people.

4 comments:

Grassyllama said...

Wish I could have been there! Heard it was the bees knees. Yum, the food sounds soooo good too. Rhubarb cobbler?!?! I'm salivating. I blogged, btw. See ya soon!!!!!!

Jody said...

I missed out on salmon! Tears! One of these days I will make it over to "Alex's Parents House"...oh that funny one.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Thanks for the shout out! Me & Grandma are BFF now! haha

Unknown said...

that food sounds amazing! how nice of you and carly to host! (and alex to lend you his house and to bbq). sounds like a fun day! ill be home in 2 weeks!!! still up for mount rainer?