Monday, June 23, 2008

Impromtu BBQ

Maholla peeps-

Friday afternoon I had to hop to a few Ballard and Fremont bars to take pictures for work, so Alex met me at my office and we hit up happy hour at the BalMar. Right when I was finishing up the bar photo shoot, Carla sent me a text inviting us over to Kostas for an impromptu BBQ.

Kostas and Carla made yummy steak fajitas, homemade pico de gallo and guacamole. We always eat so well when at Kostas! Sometimes the best hangouts are the spontaneous ones, everyone was in a good mood, the sun was out, and we had the whole weekend ahead of us. I love that relaxed summer mood that hits people on sunny days.

After some encouraging, Ryan decided to climb the tree in Kostas front yard. Have you ever climbed up something high, got to the top, and realized that you had NO IDEA how you were gonna get down? Well, now so has Ryan. I took a video of him jumping, but like an idiot I had my camera turned hotdog style so you would have to turn your head to watch . . . .its just not worth it. BUT- if you were there, you would have laughed. Trust me.

Great summer night! Cheers Carla and Kostas!



4 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

The best was his camaflague shirt so you couldn't quite see him in the video, and then just legs flailing, and THUD! Scary at the time- but funny in the aftermath.

Carla said...

such a fun night! and thanks for the shoutout. :)

Unknown said...

sounds like fun!! any rat update?

Grassyllama said...

"hot dog style videos" was what we called them in cyprus...they're tragic.

i too want a rat update.

you and carla both look really cute in that pic