Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rat Update

So- since you are all wondering- here is the rat update. Since the exterminator came and sealed the outside of the house, there has not been a rat siting inside. Alex and I cleaned out the entire upstairs- set about 15 traps (no lie)- but have NOT caught a rat. I did, however, accidentally set off a trap by trying to drop a piece of pancake on it (thinking the rat would like pancakes), and let me tell you, when that trap went off I screamed bloody murder. SO SCARY. I am just glad my finger was not too close.

So, there are two possibilities. Either the rat went outside after his tail got caught, and now can't get back in. OR, the rat is a scaredy rat and is still in the walls, but knows there are traps all around so isn't showing his face. Alex can not seal up the inside hole in case the rat is in the walls because he doesn't want it to die in there and smell. ALAS- we play the waiting game. I think we are going to wait until mid week, and if there is still no rat caught, we are going to seal up the inside hole. DARN NAB RAT.

4 comments:

Grassyllama said...

That rat saw what happened to his tail and skidaddled...that's what I think.

Let's get Pho is greenwood again. When i come back. Like...the day after I get home.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Man! Where is that rad hiding? He probably has a little house in the wall like the "Rats of Nymph"

Alex said...

I'm gonna get that gol dang rat!

Unknown said...

wow, 15 traps! you guys mean business. that rat hasn't got a chance!