Monday, June 30, 2008

Heat Wave!

Maholla peeps-

Well, it was a SCORCHER this weekend! With temperatures in the low 90's, Alex and my decision to head to the coast proved to me a good one. We rolled into Westport Friday night around 9, and after setting up our campsite, we made a fire and opened a nice bottle of wine, SO CLASSY! Seriously, wine with dinner in the woods, I am such a grown up!

After the coals built up I taught Alex the art of foil dinner making, and we cooked ourselves up some yummy dinner. I haven't had a foil dinner in a couple years, so even though I burnt my Bisquick a little, it didn't matter. I could eat foil dinners every night, they are just SO GOOD. In a couple weekends we are heading to Mt. Rainier to camp and hike with Char and William, and I plan on showing William the foil dinner so he can take it back to Ireland and teach his fellow country men! INTERNATIONAL GLORY!

The next morning we arose fairly early (sunshine in the eyes) and loaded up the car. After a breakfast at the local surf restaurant we headed out to the beach to try out luck on the water.

The waves were actually pretty crappy, crashing in on themselves, smallish, inconsistent, but we still had fun trying. I got up on my first wave so I was pleased. The water was extra cold due to the recent snow melt, so we ended up sunbathing for a portion of the day to warm up.


We headed back to Seattle around 2pm, and met up with Alex's friends for a King Salmon BBQ. This was, hands down, the best salmon I have EVER had!!! Alex's friend Grady had caught it himself a couple weeks back and had it frozen, and it was amazing. Apparently when they catch King Salmon, in order to sell them for top dollar they MASSAGE the salmon to get all the blood/guts out. Kinda like KOBE beef style. Anyway, whatever they did it was tasty.

I am loving this hot weather- bring it on!

3 comments:

Jody said...

wow what a fun weekend! we should make foil dinners and hang out outside one of these days! I miss those things...

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Fun weekend! I need to learn this foil cooking trick!

Grassyllama said...

sounds like fun- massaging salmon...weirrrrrrd.