Monday, April 21, 2008

Rilo Kiley

Caught the Rilo Kiley show at the Showbox SoDo last night- AMAZING. It has been a while since I was really wowed by a performance, but Rilo Kiley was rad rad rad! I have always loved their albums, but had never seen them live in concert. I find that many of these 'pop-indie' bands sound fine in studio, but tend to disappoint a little live. Not the case with Rilo Kiley. Jenny Lewis's voice is even more lovely in person, and all the musicians are very very talented playing multiple instruments throughout the show. The vocal harmonies were tight, the added trumpet was a great accent, and the audience was captivated from the start of the show through the encore. I was also impressed with the SoDo sound mix, for once the vocals were NOT overshadowed by loud guitars, rather all the sounds completmented eachother and came together.

When they come back to Seattle I will be first in line!


1 comment:

Jody said...

me too! they were fab!