Monday, April 14, 2008

The Dali Yoda


Maholla my enlightened peeps!



This weekend my lovely friend Corrie invited me to attend the Seeds of Compassion event at Qwest field in which the Dali Lama was speaking! We, about 18 of us, sat in one of the skyboxes and listened while the Dali Lama spoke about world events, environmental issues, and touched on current happenings surrounding, and how compassion plays into these and other aspects of our lives.

I was amazed by his Holiness's ability to truly look at the big, worldly picture when speaking towards problems affecting us. When asked about China, he responded that throughout the world there have been many instances of oppression, both in our past and currently, but overall we as a people ARE becoming more compassionate, and that gives hope for our future. China is a problem we are working through together for our future selves, but there are bigger issues- such as Global Warming and Over Population that will effect how our planet sustains for eternity, and it is those problems which trouble him most.

I was also amazed by how much he sounded like YODA! Honestly, it was super cool!

Thanks again to Corrie and her wonderful mom for inviting me along, what a fun way to spend a 79 degree day!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

I saw him today! quite appropriate after a weekend in vegas. :O) in addition, I found him to have such a good sense of humor, and a contagious laugh!!!

Grassyllama said...

sounds like Yoda? LOOKS like Yoda!!

Saw the spitting image of Corrie's younger sister on my plane back from Cairo.