Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A stroll through Carkeek Park

In an attempt to get to know my new neighborhood of Greenwood, I have been trying to do local activities. So, on Sunday afternoon, Alex and I walked down to Carkeek Park. We had done this once before in the snow, but I forgot how beautiful it is. We are lucky enough to live so close that we can walk to the park entrance.


From there we strolled though the woods and wound our way down to the beach. Often times you can see salmon swimming up the creek, but our timing must have been off because none were found =(

The beach is actually quite nice, we should have taken advantage of it on a hot day!! Oh well, next summer.



As we were hiking out, I got a phone call from my mom inviting us out to pizza with her, Max, Anne and my dad. They were trying out a new restaurant in GREENWOOD, one that I had never been to. We joined them and I got to check another local activity off my list. I am starting to love the Greenwood . . . .

3 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Cute black & white picture of you two. I heart Carkeek Park!!

EMAR said...

mmm pizza

Grassyllama said...

That is a CUTE pic. I miss the westside. GOD, seattle is so great. I can't wait to visit for Kathy. I have so much to pack into my weekend- including PHO TIC TAC!