Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pirozhki for me!

Sunday Alex and I went to the annual Russian Bazaar in South Lake Union. Last year was my first time, but Alex has attended every year since he was a young lad.

We ate pirozhkis (Alex had 3), potatoe dumplings, and sour kraut with sausage- yum yum. Alex also bought 4 bags of frozen pelmeni (a kinda Russian tortellini). I love how relaxed this festival is, you just walk up, pay a couple dollars and some Russian women will give you some tasty food to eat. Then you go in the church basement where there is an amazing array of baked good, more old Russians, and you just chill and eat. Perfect Sunday activity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

food and ruskis- sounds like a killer combination!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Yum, sounds good!! I want to join in the food festivities next year

Grassyllama said...

Gorohoff RULES!!