Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three strikes your out . ..

Well, the Mariners suck this year, but that didn't stop us from having a great time watching them lose! Kathy and Andrew invited Alex and I to the Mariner game last night, Kathy scored her Dad's awesome box seats, and we had a fab time.

Alex had a school workshop until 7, and Andrew and Kathy were coming from Ballard, so I ended up walking down to Safeco field after work. I thought it would be a longish walk, but it only took about 25 min. That, combined with the fact that I wasn't parking, put me in the Pyramid beer garden (our meeting place) a good 45 min before everyone else. Never fear, I drank a wheat ale, sat on the curb and talked on my phone while looking like a huge loser who goes to beer gardens by herself. Oh well, the sun was out and I was happy to be there.

We spent most of our time at the game eating and drinking at the 'Hit-it-Here Cafe' - a great view - and only made it back to our seats after the 'take me out to the ball game' 7th inning stretch. Thankfully, as soon as we were back on the first base line the restless crowd started the WAVE. Best thing to do when your team is 30 games out of first place and losing by 4 runs??? THE WAVE!

Great night- only bummer was it felt like a Friday but was only a Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

Grassyllama said...

my vest-

good blog.

i havent blogged in ages.

i suck.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love the wave picture!