Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving with friends

Happy Early Thanksgiving!

My household played host to our first annual "friends thanksgiving" this past weekend, and it was a roaring success! Since we will all be out of town or with our own families on the actual holiday, we figured it'd be a great excuse to have an early turkey-day dinner party and celebrate the Pilgrims and Indians together as friends.


Everyone brought their favorite dish to share, and I cooked my first turkey! I was fairly paranoid that the turkey would come out dry and dinner would be ruined (and
gma would yell at me . . . . kidding) - but it turned out great so all my fears were for nothing. Cooking a turkey is an experience, I did NOT know it came with the neck and the giblets . . . . yuck! My roommate Andy had a nice surprise Saturday morning, when he sleepily entered the kitchen to find me with my hands stuck up the turkey's arse, massaging lemon juice in to the innards. HA HA ha ha.

After dinner we had a rowdy dance party in the kitchen- and some of us made it out to Moe's to help celebrate
Kostas's 26th bday. All in all it was a great Thanksgiving kick-off!
Next on my holiday list, another early Thanksgiving dinner at Alex's school on Tuesday, and then the big
Padden family turkey day celebration on Thursday! THREE TURKEY DINNERS IN ONE WEEK!!!!! Yum.



2 comments:

Francie said...

The turkey looks great - gma would be proud!

Jody said...

we are just the cutest little group of friends...and your gma would have been SO proud...the bird was delish!