Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dan in real life

So I saw this movie, or should I say I SAT THROUGH THIS GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT of a movie on Sunday. Man, what a bummer. I HATE seeing bad movies in the theater. It just really puts a damper on the whole popcorn, diet coke, big screen experience that I love. This was a classic example of a movie that, if rented, would leave with a so-so feeling, but when viewed for $10 is makes you HATE YOURSELF and the fact that you chose to go to this rather then 'American Gangster' like an idiot! I can't help it, when I go out to see a film, I naturally have high expectations. It's actually one of the only things in my life that I approach in this way, odd. Anyhow, my expectations were stomped on during this slacker of a film.

The real problem with this movie is that it co-starred Dane Cook. Now, I admit, his stand-up, whilst repetitive, was very very funny the first few times I saw it. After that, I started to realize that he re-uses jokes or whatever, but he is a funny comedian. HOWEVER- he ruins movies. Or at least he ruined this one. Let's face it, he is not an actor. He doesn't know how to be anyone but himself, and without an audience urging him on, he falls flat on his face. He acts like a child in a grown mans body, and its just lame. Also, he was in that horrid movie with Jessica Simpson. DANE COOK IS LAME AND HE MADE ME HAVE A BAD MOVIE EXPERIENCE. Speaking of Jessica Simpson though, I just rewatched the first season of newlyweds- SO GOOD. Really, so good.

That is all.

3 comments:

YourFriendlyNeighbourhoodDave said...

"He acts like a child in a grown mans body"

You can make a living doing this?! I've never got a cent, dammit!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Sweet, I love that you have a blog too! It's totally dorky but I have to admit, its kinda fun... I'll check in on your posts from time to time!
- Michelle

Jody said...

I am glad that you have brought this information to my attention...now I will wait for netflix to deliver this to my home.

p.s. i am somewhat insulted that i am not in your friend photo! In the famous words of stephanie tanner..."HOW RUDE!" ha