Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Spokane and the Talking Toucan!

Hello to all my peeps.

Back at work, took a long weekend and traveled over the mountains to Eastern WA. It was grand- I spent some time in Spokane at Gonzaga with Margaret. Between eating bagel dogs and feeding the garbage goat, Alex and I were introduced to the Talking Toucan. AMAZING. Possibly the most amazing 'talking toy' since Teddy Ruxpin, and thats saying A LOT!

This little perched bird sits on its log, but when turned on it repeats WHATEVER you say to it. This is one of those times when words fail to tell the whole story. It is just SO FUNNY! We spent hours getting this feathered friend to repeat phrases and songs in its funny voice. Even from inside the tent we set up in the living room, Alex was calling out movie quotes in hysterical laughter. You can purchase one of these birds on amazon, and I wold seriously reccomend this to anyone, especially with the holidays coming up . . . . think about it!

Moving on.

Spokane is an interesting city, in that it's both nice and crappy at the same time. It has great restaurants, its not completely behind the times when it comes to shopping and movies. It has a garbage goat, and a giant radio flyer.
However, if you travel a bit out of downtown, it's strip mall after strip mall after strip mall. ODD.

It was a very fun weekend thought. Margaret, Alex and I took a great run along the river, and then walked back downtown for coffee. Margaret gave Alex the tour of Spokane, pointing out all the attractions along the way. Alex was introduced to the Falls of the Spokane river, however, much to my relief the gondolas that travel across the river were closed due to high winds, weeeewhhh! Alex and Margaret also competed in some intense speed walking races . . . . . . not sure who ended up winning, too close to call.

Sometimes I feel like I went to Gonzaga since I've spent so much time there during my travels back and forth between Seattle and Missoula. It really is my college away from home.

Alright- not too much else to say, short work week for me, woot woot!

Next week Montana plays GU in a basketball pre-season game- so GO GRIZ!!!!!

1 comment:

Grassyllama said...

I think we already played them...Friday maybe...could have been Montana state though. Cool pics!!