Monday, February 25, 2008

Rock Band Super Star

Maholla peeps-

Wooza- did this feel like a full weekend! I need a weekend for my weekend . . . . .ha. lame. It was a jam packed 2 days though. When the sun comes out its so much harder to sit on the couch and watch TV- I gotta get out there and do stuff!

Friday night I met up with Alex and we went out to a lovely dinner at the Stumbling Goat Bistro on Phinney Ridge. It was a bit of an accident that we ended up there- as we were trying to go to Olive Twist which is a block away! We had walked in to the wrong place (had never been to either), and only noticed after being seated by the hostess, so we decided to stay and try it out. I wasn't too hungry, so I had the appetizer soup as my entree, and Alex had the roasted chicken. Both dishes were excellent, and our earlier mistake proved to be a lucky chance as we ate a wonderful meal! HA- we are such nerds!

Saturday morning was sunny sunny sunny- so Alex joined me for a walk from Capital Hill down to the Market- and then along the waterfront. Alex had last week off from teaching for mid-winter break, and in this photo he is sporting a cut- up face from one of his many skiing adventures of the week.
We had a great walk- stopping on the way back for crumpets at the Crumpet shop- Alex's first!

Saturday night Kostas hosted a housewarming at his place. A late night out- and my first time playing ROCK BAND! So much fun! I can actually say- for the first time ever- that I WANT A VIDEO GAME!!!!! Scary but true- I rocked out on the guitar!

The night also included many rounds of flip cup- dance party in the living room (one annoying girl aside) and lots of mingling with the array of folks in attendance- I felt like an outsider as a non-computer person-ha ha, kidding kidding. There were a lot of really fun people there that I had never met, so it was kinda cool.

Sunday morning I woke up to the sun streaming in through my window- I love it! It reminded me of my summer living with Max in Cali where I literally was woken up by the sun every morning! Best alarm clock ever!

Alex and I took advantage of the sun by going for an extended run around Cap Hill. We are in training (and I use that term loosely) for the Mercer Island 10K that takes place March 9th- so we are trying to incorporate more hills into our usually flat runs . . . . its going okay. I will tell you this, SO much easier to get out and run when its sunny!

Sunday night we capped off the weekend with dinner and Oscar watching at Max and Anne's. Max and I combined the contents of our fridges and made a delicious salad with grilled chicken. Add some bread and wine and it was a meal fit for the stars!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

anna & alex- too cute in their matching sunglasses! (well, they're both black!) can't believe the sun is out! enjoy it!

Grassyllama said...

"a weekend for my weekend"...you seriously didn't think I'd let you get away with saying the LAMEST thing I have ever heard. ROD! Nice blog though- I miss Seattle now (kind of).

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Rock band really was awesome, check out my flickr link, there are some great pics of you and Alex rocking out!