Friday, February 8, 2008

GObama!!!!

Maholla Peeps-

Just back from the Obama rally- and I am inspired!!!! Get out and caucus everyone! Tomorrow is the day!


After a cold hour and a half wait in the freezing wind, we were let through the gates into Key Arena. Luckily my good pals Corrie and Meagan saved seats so I had a great view! The arena was over capacity, with about 20,000 people inside, and another 3,000 or so outside listening! Barack finally went on at about 1 (FINALLY)- but it was well worth the wait!

Barack started off the speech focused on getting people introduced to who he is as a candidate and where he stands on the policies. For me, it was mostly a review, since I have watch tons of speeches and debates. That being said, I would probably watch him read the dictionary :)



The second part of his speech was the most interesting to me. He talked about facing McCain in the upcoming election, and responded to some of Hilary's allegations against him very directly. This was all new post-super Tuesday info, and it was met with thunderous applause! He is SO inspiring! He spoke to uniting our divisions with foreign countries (especially those alienated by George Bush), uniting our differences with republicans, with people of different races, religions, genders.








He is making history - and I was lucky enough to be there to see it!

LETS VOTE HIM IN!





4 comments:

Grassyllama said...

How exciting, Anna!! I had a dream about you last night- it was very weird. Skype me and I'll tell ya about it.

Unknown said...

go barack!!! and your blog!!! looks like it was very exciting, how fun that you guys went!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Happy Caucus Day!

Jody said...

I am so jealous you got to go...and I am sure you are excited with the Washington state results woot!