Friday, February 15, 2008

Be My Valentine

Maholla peeps, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Last night Alex and I celebrated our year anniversary and Valentine's day all in one. It was great- nothing like killing two birds with one stone- ha ha.

Alex met me after work, and he had a lovely bouquet of red roses in a beautiful vase waiting for me. I have never considered myself a "rose" person, but there is something about getting a bouquet of red roses on Valentines Day, so classic. They are gorgeous, really really beautiful.





We started off our evening with dinner at Pair, a really cute neighborhood restaurant in Ravenna. Its specialty is small plates, so we had many tasty dishes to share between us, including the cambozola fondue-YUM!

One of the really nice aspects of Pair is that they stagger seating throughout the night, ever on a busy night like Valentin's Day. This allows for the kitchen to take their time with each order, as well as creating an environment of calm and relaxation for all diners. There always seemed to be one table open, (even though I know they were completely booked for the night) so we never felt rushed to leave. They also have great lighting, all candles (so everyone looks good :)

After coffee, and a shared apple tart, we continued on to the 5th Avenue Theater for the opening night of MAME!


Mame is the story of a feisty New York party girl in the roaring 20's who prides herself of good gin and good parties! Her life changes forever when her only brother is killed, and her nephew from the south comes to live with her. She opens his eyes to the New York party scene, the arts, and a whole different way of life. It is a great musical with good songs and dancing, and leaves you wishing you had an 'antie mame' in your life!

A side note- one of the male leads in the cast was the voice of GASTON in the Disney animated Beast and the Beast! What star power!

It was a fabulous night- great food- great show- and a wonderful person to share it with!

I hope everyone's Valentine was as lovely as mine. I leave you with a link to an ecard my mom sent me . . . . best internet card ever.



1 comment:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

the voice of Gaston!! So cool, I love that movie. Glad you had a good v-day, that makes 1 of us!