Friday, March 13, 2009

Whistler Getaway!

Heading to Whistler/Blackcomb after work for a ski weekend! WOO HOO! Sunny skies and fresh snow, can't wait. Alex's brother and sister in-law left this morning, and we are meeting them up there as soon as I can get off work.


Yesterday I spent my "trade in" money at Second Assent and got some new goggles, what a treat. I have been using Alex's hand me downs, but after trying out some scratch free lenses I decided to upgrade.

Alex, his bro and sister in-law are all great skiers. I am a little nervous about trying to keep up with them, yikes! When in doubt- cat track down the mountain- that's my plan. Alex and his brother are waking up early early Sat morning to participate in the "Fresh Tracks" program. They get up at the crack of dawn, ride to the top of the mountain where they eat breakfast at the top lodge. Then they ski down before the mountain opens up, hence the "fresh tracks" name. Pretty cool. I will be sleeping in and meeting them for coffee after =)

Ta!
Anna

3 comments:

Grassyllama said...

have fun! wish I could join you and shred the gnar pow pow w/ my board.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

You're back!

Bobby did the fresh tracks thing too, I on the other hand was hungover and slept in...

Unknown said...

sounds like so much fun! love whisler!