Monday, October 29, 2007

all hallows weekend . . . . . SCARY SPICE


Happy Halloween!!!! well- happy almost halloween.

What a weekend! Kinda makes this tired, grey, rainy Monday easier to handle though, too tired to do much more then stare out the window . . . . .

Friday night I headed out to a costume party in S. Lake Union, 'Just Cauz'. It was a charity function for children in Africa (so something), and was held in an old Army gymnasium that apparently has been there all my life, yet I've never noticed it. Odd. It felt very "highschool dance"- but in an awesome, open bar, everyone trying to hook up it up with the sluttiest costume sort of way. This suprisingly turned out to be my favorite night of halloween weekend. Everyone was dressed up, and there were some truly RAD costumes- my favorite being the travelocity gnome. I went with a gaggle of my gals dressed as the best british pop group of the 90's- the spice girls. I was scary.

Saturday the spice girls continued their comeback tour at a wonderful, third annual, halloween bash in Fremont. Alex came along to this party, so we made a great couple- scarey spice and a monk. HA.

Unquestionable highlight of Sat. night was watching my 30 year old British roommate do his FIRST EVER KEG STAND! Apparently the brits just don't do the keg stand thing in 'uni' like we do. I have attempted the dreaded keg stand only a few times in my life, and I can safely say I will NEVER do another one- that being said- I LOVE watching others dribble cheap beer down there chin whilst kicking their legs high over their head. HA. Great moment of the night. Andy, you did us proud.

2 comments:

Grassyllama said...

i dont do keg stands cuz i dont want people to have to lift me

AJK said...

agreed