Monday, December 1, 2008

25 Days 'til Christmas!!

Maholla peeps-

Last weekend I headed down to Vancouver, WA for the Padden Family Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving really is my favorite holiday. I love the giant gathering (45 people this year), the food (Laurie's stuffing and Abby's sweet potatoes), all the noise and excitement.

Due to the rain, and overall lack of organization, the flag football game was called off. The Padden women made up for it by taking a yoga class in the middle of my grandparent's living room, lead by our own Maria Dalbotten. It was fab, so great to stretch out the muscles before digging into dinner! My 89 year old Grandpa was a little surprised when, returning from the store, he found 25 women doing yoga in his front room. He took it in stride, only commenting that it felt like "Jones Town" . . .

My dad, Max, Margaret and I reunited the family band and preformed "Seminal Wind" prior to the meal. Margaret was lead vocals and acoustic guitar, Max played lead electric guitar, my dad took base and back up vocals, and I played the mandolin. Margaret picked Seminal Wind because of it's Native American feel . . . . we were a huge success as usual =) My grandpa followed up our performance by dancing and acting out "Brother can you spare a dime" - which my dad played on the guitar and sang. I always thought the Padden's love of the spot light came from my Grandma, but apparently my Grandpa has a bit of the acting bug as well.

I caught "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on TV tonight. What a FANTASTIC cartoon. That Dr Seuss sure knew what he was doin'.
25 Day's 'Til Christmas!

2 comments:

Grassyllama said...

let the countdown begin!

man, NICE PICS gurrrl. LOVE the native dancing sillouettes...

Unknown said...

did you get an advent calendar to help with the christmas countdown? if only one of us was still in german! cant wait to hang out! 2 weeks to go!