Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day 2008!


Maholla Peeps,


Had a blast at the Sasquatch music festival at the Gorge, in George, WA this Memorial Day weekend! It's become something of a tradition for my friends and I to pack up Jody's mountaineer and head east for the festival, this is our third year running.

Some great bands were on the line up this year, REM, Presidents, Death Cab, Michael Franti, M.I.A, Modest Mouse, to name a few of my favorites. We arrived at the Gorge around noon on Saturday, and after a Sasquatch miracle we were able to find camping spots right next to Tori's friends (amazing)!

We unloaded the car and set up camp. Philly and Peter brought their pop-up shelter which made a fabulous kitchen and hangout area. We grilled up some hot dogs, drank a few beers and headed in the arena to catch the early M.I.A. show on the main stage.

I ran in to cousin Willem while waiting for Modest Mouse to come on, which was a great random meeting. We hung out on the ridge and took in some of the show together before parting for REM. Its always amazing when you run into people you know at such a big venue. It was great to find him because for some reason, my friends and I all got separated and unlike other years, we never really met back up until we all headed back to the campground.

Day two we awoke to some cloudy skies, but that didn't stop us in the least. I showed everyone Margaret's 'jumping pictures' technique, so thats kept us busy for while!! The sun came out around noon, and we celebrated with some POG surprise juice, turkey sandwiches and catch phrase. Camilla and Tim came over from their campsite to visit and hangout.

We had more luck staying together the second day, thank god. It gets boring without everyone dancing around! We all watched Tegan and Sara together, and then Alex, Andy and I bounced around on the main stage floor for Presidents and Michael Franti, both were rad, and then met back up with the rest of the group just in time for Death Cab, which was great.

I was a bit disappointed with The Cure, who headlined night two. I knew they would be kinda gloomy, but they played all slow, intense, dramatic songs that I could not get into. Alex and I ended up heading back to the campground about halfway into their set, we just couldn't take it anymore! So depressing!

What a great way to kick off the summer! Nice weather (for the most part), friends and good music, what more could you want?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like so much fun!!! you still look really tan too!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Still bummed I missed out this year. Next year it's going to be bigger and better!!!