Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SCOTTY TURNS 21! and I went to the nutcracker


Maholla peeps-

7 days 'till Christmas . . . . . . and counting!!!

Friday night, Alex and I attended the Pacific Northwest Ballet's production of the Nutcracker, and it was awesome! I used to see the Nutcracker every Christmas, either watching a performance that Albee was in, or going to PNB's with Albee. I haven't been able to go for the last two or three years, so it was so great to be back. It really puts you in a Christmasy mood.

This was Alex's first Nutcracker, and I think he really liked it. We sat in the fourth row (on the side, in the cheaper seats), and it was really cool to be right in front. The orchestra pit was so close, and during intermission we were able to peak over the edge and check it out. It really is an amazing performance.

After the Ballet we went to this really nice little restaurant on the top of Queen Anne and had a nice glass of wine and a small bite to eat. It was a great date night, and I am now officially in the Christmas spirit!

Saturday morning we met up with a couple friends for brunch and then headed downtown to do some ho ho-ing. All I can say is, it is CROWDED out there people! I enjoy being out amongst the shoppers for a while, there is a good energy with everyone dressed all wintry and bustling about . . . . but after a couple hours I was ready to stop. Just SO many people!




Saturday night Alex and I headed over to Tori's for Scotty's surprise 21st birthday party (planned by Margaret). There was a really good turnout, and besides Tori yelling as Scotty came up to the door, I think the surprise was pulled off!

Alex and I took off after a while and left the late night parting to the kiddies, but it was really fun to be there to see Scotty's reaction. There was also a pinata which was hilarious! It took Scotty two swings to bring it to the ground, and then a frantic scramble broke out for the best prizes- wish I had captured more of it on film cause it was a riot!

It was also fun to see a bunch of CYO peeps that I haven't seen in a while. One thing you can say about camp people is that they know how to have a good time. A dance party started up almost instantaneously!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOOTER!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like fun! you are doing so many christmasy things!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love the nutcracker!